Greenwood Physio is proud to announce that we have begun providing a sports training service to local community sporting clubs. We are currently helping out Wanneroo Rugby club.
We started off the season by conducting musculoskeletal testing. This will help to outline any predisposing issues the players may have that could induce an injury.
Our sports trainers began going alone to training sessions and games in the night series. Their duties have been taping of ankles and knees, massaging tight muscles and providing initial treatment to injured players.
A sports trainer’s role consists of the following:
- Maintaining communication between players, coaching staff and health practitioners.
- Implement a safer sports program
- Prepare players for competition
- Provide immediate crisis management for minor and major injuries
- Referrals to practitioners
- Educating players and coaching staff
We wish all our teams the best of luck for the 2016 season.